Thursday, September 9, 2010

CSA Week 18 + farmer's market fruit

WOW I haven't really posted on our CSA in over a month! But we're still chugging (and eating) along with it. Last week's butternut squash was so good. I was hoping for more this week, but looks like I'll have to wait for a few weeks again. Here's what we got this week:

Kale. I want to love it, but I have to disguise it in soups to eat it.
The last few tomatoes for the summer.
They've been so good while they lasted.
Garlic and sweet peppers.
Cucumbers. One of my favorite veggies!
Lots of potatoes.
Okra-- finally!

Before picking up our CSA share on Wednesday, I stopped by the Westport Organic Farmer's Market and found a few signs of fall:

Delicious buttery pears.
Crisp local apples! Perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment