Saturday, September 11, 2010

Someone Called Me Fast!

Ross and I ran 5 miles this morning.  I felt good and the weather was, for the most part, cloudy and about 65 degrees. I beat last week's 5-mile time by 2 minutes! You know how they say that if an experiment is "repeatable," it's more valid? That's how I feel about my longer distances right now. If I can do it 2 weeks in a row, it's not a fluke!

The BEST part of the run, though, was when we passed a mom with a little girl in a stroller after turning around at the halfway point. The little girl pointed at us and said "fast!"

I'm learning to love hills. At least on out-and-back runs. After all, what goes up must come down. And I found a route that ends on a downhill! I heard this quote in high school and fell in love:

Can I butcher it and say, "I am not afraid of hills, for I am learning to run my race"?! Two weeks until my 10k!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you. Ready for some news? I'm registering for the Cow Town 5k on the 26th (your race is the 27th?) I'm also looking at another 5k in November....still debating that one as we'll be in KC for a week and my attention will be focused on that!

    ReplyDelete