Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet 50!

My amazing mom turned 50 today. We actually had the big celebration on Saturday when my famliy + my mom's parents + my dad's mom all went to lunch at Rick's Cafe Boatyard on the riverfront in Omaha.  We finished our meal with carrot-zucchini cake and ice cream.

Birthday Bunch.
Me, my mom, and her mom (25, 50, and soon-to-be 75 years old)
My dad's mom and me. It was a good day for purple!
And just because my dad mocked me for taking these pictures...
...I'm posting the dessert photos!
Then we walked across the new pedestrian bridge (aka "the bridge to nowhere" between Nebraska and Iowa). It was actually opened on my mom's birthday 2 years ago and we just now got around to checking it out. It's a nice walk. The sun even came out for us at the end!
















This morning my parents humored me with a green smoothie for breakfast. Mmmmm! Surely spinach in your smoothies keeps you young?!

Glamour shot with the sweet card my youngest brother made for Mom.
Then my mom, aunt, and I went to PiYo (hello, quads and hip flexors!) and out to lunch with my grandma. Sadly, I had to leave town after lunch, but I knew my mom was in good hands for the rest of her birthday. Happy 50th Mom! My friends still tell me you're beautiful when they meet you for the first time, and I agree wholeheartedly. Age doesn't matter when true beauty shines from within!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutly she's beautiful! Good Genes!

    I'm so in love with your shoes in the border picture. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete