Friday, April 9, 2010

The Birth of a Great Man

Happy 26th Birthday, Ross!


My grandma used to bring my brothers and me donuts on birthday mornings (double-choclate cake donuts for me) and we'd get hopped up on sugar and open presents to start the day off right! Ross and I haven't fallen in love with any donut places here yet (Ft. Worth has more donut shops per capita than any other city in the US, which makes for tough competition), but I feel the donut tradition is worth keeping. Ross does love my mom's semi-homemade donuts, though. We actually call these "snowball donuts" in the Muelleman household because my mom always made them on the first snow day of the year. Ross is a big fan at any time of the year.


I firmly believe that birthdays should be filled with things you love. Ross happens to love homemade enchiladas (which taste good, but aren't very photogenic). And yellow cake with chocolate frosting, courtesy of Betty Crocker.


Simple pleasures. And much cheaper than buying him that coveted iPad!


He looks happy enough without it :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment