Saturday, April 3, 2010

Amazing Love

I'm so behind the times. I finally saw the movie The Passion of the Christ and it's been out for 5+ years. I've wanted to watch it, but I knew it couldn't just be a movie on in the background. I would have to give it my undivided attention for 2 1/2 hours. When we got home from Easter Vigil Saturday night, my mom and I sat down to watch.

I never imagined this movie being so gruesome! But at the same time, it makes the truth much more real and easier for our feeble minds to grasp. More real than stations of the cross and the nice wood carvings and stained glass widows in church ever depicted. The only thing I could think was, what an AMAZING LOVE! Jesus didn't just die for us. HE SUFFERED AND DIED. Each one of my sins was a thorn in his head, a lash of the whip. This is how much our sins hurt him. But then not only does he demonstrate his strength to endure physical pain, he endures out ridicule, our ignorance, our disobedience today. How can we know what he suffered for us and still hurt him further? And HOW can he still love us when we don't appreciate what he did for us?! The punishment he took so we wouldn't have to?

"Amazing Love" is one of my favorite contemporary worship songs and I think this video depicts it perfectly. Click on the 4 arrows at the bottom of the video for a full-screen view.

**Warning: this video contains some graphic images from the movie The Passion of the Christ**

Amazing Love

I'm forgiven because you were forsaken
I'm accepted, you were condemned
I'm alive and well
Your spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again

Amazing love, how can it be?
That you, my king would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
It's my joy to honor you
Amazing love how can it be?
That my king would die for me
Amazing love I know it's true
It's my joy to honor you
In all I do
I honor you

You are my king
You are my king
Jesus, You are my king
Jesus, You are my king

Amazing love, how can it be?
That you, my king, would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
It's my joy to honor you
Amazing love, how can it be
That you, my king would die for me
Amazing love I know it's true
It's my joy to honor you
In all I do I honor you
In all I do honor you

No comments:

Post a Comment