Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Happiness Project

*If anything is worth trying at all, it’s worth trying at least 10 times.*
-Art Linkletter

*What I’ve experienced is that I can’t know the future. I can’t know if anything that I do will change what happens tomorrow. I can’t know with certainty, but what I do know is if I do nothing, nothing will change.*
—James Orbinski

*Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.*
-Margaret Young

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.
-LOTR Fellowship of the Ring

*Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness.*
-Floyd W. Tomkins

*The only people we can’t forgive are the ones we are still afraid of.*

*Avoid destructive thinking. Improper negative thoughts sink people. A ship can sail around the world many, many times, but just let enough water get into the ship and it will sink. Just so with the human mind. Let enough negative thoughts or improper thoughts get into the human mind and the person sinks just like a ship.*
-Alfred A Montapert

*The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.*

Or, you could go with Homer Simpson's theory: *Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery numbers.*

*Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.*
-Chili Davis

And as my brother Bobby says, *You don't stop playing when you grow up, you grow up when you stop playing.*

No comments:

Post a Comment